Effective October 24, 2017
We at FR8Star recognize and truly believe your privacy and the privacy of all of our users is important.
405 14th Street, Suite #1200
Oakland, CA 94612
Information we collect and how we use it
Our Services require you to register for an account or provide select personal information to us in order to provide our full range of Services and offer you a great experience.
We may collect the following types of information:
- Information you provide (I) – When you sign up for one of our newsletters that requires registration or a user account, we ask you for personal and company information (such as your name, company name, email address, etc).
- Information you provide (II) – For a full fleet or shipper account and certain other Services, we also request payment account information, as well as Federal Tax ID #, which we maintain in encrypted form on secure servers. We may combine the information you submit under your account with information from other FR8Star Services or third parties in order to provide you with a better experience and to improve the quality of our Services.
- Log information – When you access FR8Star Services, we automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, IP address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
- User communications – When you send email or other communications to FR8, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our Services.
- Providing our Services to users, including the display of customized content and advertising;
- Auditing, research and analysis in order to maintain, protect and improve our Services;
- Ensuring the technical functioning of our network; and
- Developing new Services.
We may process personal information to provide our own Services. In some cases, we may process personal information on behalf of and according to the instructions of a third party, such as our business partners.
Choices for personal information
Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, but you can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some FR8Star features and Services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled. You may decline to submit personal information to any of our Services, in which case FR8Star may not be able to provide those Services to you.
FR8Star only shares personal information with other companies or individuals outside of FR8Star in the following limited circumstances:
- We have your consent. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
- We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of FR8, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
Please contact us at the address below for any additional questions about the management or use of personal data.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as other security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data.
We restrict access to personal information to FR8Star employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our Services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
information we process is accurate, complete, and current, but we depend on our users to update or correct their personal information whenever necessary.
Accessing and updating personal information
When you use FR8Star Services, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information and either to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. We ask individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests, and we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes), or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case where we provide information access and correction, we perform this Service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort. Some of our Services have different procedures to access, correct or delete users’ personal information.
Information from Children
We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13. If you are under 13, please do not attempt to register for the Services or send any personal information about yourself to us. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that a child under 13 may have provided us personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
1611 Telegraph Ave, 3rd floor
Oakland, CA 94612
When we receive formal written complaints at this address, it is FR8’s policy to contact the complaining user regarding his or her concerns. We will cooperate with the appropriate regulatory authorities, including local data protection authorities, to resolve any complaints regarding the transfer of personal data that cannot be resolved between FR8Star and an individual.
405 14th Street, Suite #1200
Oakland, CA 94612