KENTUCKY HEAVY HAUL TRANSPORT
Are you a carrier or transport company looking for oversize, overweight, or specialized loads in Kentucky? FR8Star makes it easy to find loads that match your expertise. Whether you specialize in heavy equipment, vehicle, or container transport, or offer hot shot trucking, drive away service, FR8Star will help you find loads in Kentucky and across the United States. Click one of the buttons below to view a load board or get more information.
DOT & KENTUCKY STATE WEIGHT LIMITS
80,000 lbs on Class AAA highways*
62,000 lbs on Class AA highways*
44,000 lbs on Class A highways*
36,000 lbs on other highways
*Kentucky highways are categorized into three classes, each with its own weight limit, with the Interstate System falling into the class AAA category. You can find a map with designated highways classes here.
Other State Provisions & Exemptions
- There is a 48,000-lb weight limit for tridem axles.
- There are no axle weight limits for vehicles with GVWs of less than 80,000 lbs.
- Per-wheel weight limit is 20,000 lbs or 700 lbs per inch of the width of all tires on one axle, whichever figure is lower.
- Per-wheel weight limit is 600 lbs per inch for the combined with of all tires.
- There is a 5% tolerance for axle load limits on non-Interstate highways as long as the vehicle has a GVW of below 80,000 lbs.
- With an annual permit, transport companies can haul non-divisible loads with GVWs of up to 120,000 lbs, with limits of 15,000 lbs for a single axle, 40,000 lbs for a tandem axle, and 65,000 lbs for a tridem axle.
The information provided here is not comprehensive and may not reflect the most recent state limits. Additional codes, regulations, and exemptions may apply. Please visit the Kentucky DOT website for current information.
Heavy Haul Loads in Kentucky
To find heavy haul loads near you, visit the FR8Star Load Board and fine-tune the results using the Filters menu on the left. To find loads going to or from Kentucky, for example, click Location By State/Country and select Kentucky in the From: State or To: State fields. You can also find loads near a specific city, state, or ZIP code, use the Location By Radius option.
Loads Transported in Kentucky With FR8Star
2009 John Deere 6115D
From: Paris, KY 40361
To: Maiden, NC 28650
Dimensions: 14’1″ L x 8’1″ W x 9’0″ H
Weight: 9,400 lbs
From: Shelbyville, KY 40065
To: Hamburg, NY 14075
Dimensions: 23’4″ L x 8’2″ W x 10’5″ H
Weight: 26,000 lbs
John Deere 4700
From: Gallatin, MO 64640
To: Maysville, KY 41056
Dimensions: 21’9″ L x 12’0″ W x 12’5″ H
Weight: 18,500 lbs
Find Heavy Haul Loads in Other States
FR8Star has you covered with oversize, overweight, and specialized loads in all 50 states. Click here to find your state.