Let’s look at an example:
Sandra wants to ship a CAT CP-563 from Iowa to Indiana. After posting her shipment, she receives initial estimates from qualified freight brokers. She can then review the bids, wait up to 72h for additional bids and go ahead to accept a bid. Bids are all-in rates, for example $1,150 – and that’s all Samantha will pay to the broker. There are no additional fees.
- Free, instant freight estimates with itemized costs
- Get bids from multiple qualified brokers without having to make multiple phone calls
- See broker reviews before booking
- Expert logistics support by the broker through delivery
- Easy posting through our integration with Auctiontime.com, MachineryTrader.com, TractorHouse.com, and more
- Brokers are the experts – so we let them handle the logistics process
- Brokers and shippers transact directly – to avoid hidden fees anywhere
- Streamlined processes when using the FR8Star bidding technology
You’ve Got Questions. We’ve Got Answers.
How does FR8Star's transparent pricing model work?
FR8Star is 100% FREE for shippers. That’s it. No hidden fees.
How are freight costs and permits calculated using the Freight Rate Calculator?
Do I pay FR8Star or the broker?
Payment for the load is between the shipper and the broker directly. You do not pay FR8Star.
How do carriers get paid for delivering a load?
What are accessorials?
Transportation is difficult and a lot of things can happen. Most common, “accessorials” can come into play when a shipper delays a carrier. For example, you will typically get charged a “detention fee” for each additional hour if loading or unloading takes more than 2h each. $50/hr is a good estimate for detention.
“Layover” is typically charged if the loading/unloading delay requires the driver to stay overnight. $250/night is a good estimate for layover.
TONU (truck ordered, not used) is typically charged if a shipper cancels a truck with late or no notice at all. Typically 24h notice is required and a typical fee is $250 unless you booked a specialized trailer.
How do I reach FR8Star?
Call us at 1 (888) 281-2269
Chat with us on www.fr8star.com
Email us at email@example.com